Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Murphy's Law and Super bugs

Just when you think it's safe to get back to working, a big bad bug says, "Not going to happen."

Wonderful, right? Get the tech into shop, get the upgrades and updates too. Make sure things are ready to roll and all of a sudden... I'm hacking like a 40 year smoker!

Quick drop in to the doctor informs me I've got Bronchitis. Now isn't that just peachy. My head is stuffy and foggy, my throat hurts, my chest aches (thanks to all the coughing) while I've got work to do. So now it's waiting for me to get better. Never fails, Murphy's law strikes again. Not sure which one it is, but 'Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.' come to mind.

Of course it happens when it's unexpected and at the worst possible time. I was amused enough to tell a friend and they looked up the site. Thanks, now I can see what screw ups are waiting for me later on, lovely.

If you would like to take a look at a list of Murphy's Laws and some extra ones as well, like Sturgeon's Law check out the link.

Murphy's Laws


But I will regroup and move forward again. It just might take a while to do so, as I was told Bronchitis tends to linger even after you're feeling better. Along with the cough which can stick around up to several weeks. Great, just what I wanted to hear.

I've posted this to keep anyone who follows this blog informed and updated. But with that, I'm going to be taking my medicine, finish up my herbal tea and flopping into bed for the next 10-12 hours if possible.

With luck I will feel better when I wake up, but I doubt it. Tomorrow I'm going to use my secret weapon on this chest bug. I'll be brewing up my homemade chicken soup and downing a few bowls. Repeating the process of herbal tea, meds and sleep till I'm able to focus on work again. Wish me well, I'll need it.

So take care, stay healthy and safe, it's crazy out there. Keep your dreams alive and focus on your goals if you have some. You got this, keep moving forward!
I'll return again after I've recovered.

Carpe Diem!


No comments:

Post a Comment